Infosys Latest Placement Paper

Infosys Placement Paper Held on 28 January 2010 | Infosys Latest Placement Paper

INFOSYS
date
place: KSRM college, kadapa
first 1 hour: filling application
written test:

section 1: analytical test consisting of questions on aptitude and reasoning
30 questions — 40 minutes
cutoff:60%
-some data is given as there are 5 friends j,k,l,m,n. each has some amount, conditions are given regarding this.Based on this 5 questions are given.We can answer this based on the given conditions.
(I felt this some what difficult to answer)
-5 non verbal questions
a series of 4 figures will b given we shud find the next one in series.
(very easy to answer)
-5 questions on question-statements
each question given below is followed by two statements I and II
give answer a)if only I is sufficient to answer

b)if only II is sufficient to answer
c)if either I or II is sufficient
d)if both are essential to answer
e)if none is sufficient to answer

11.there is a rectangular tank.how much water is required to increase the present water level by one feet?
I.the dimensions of tank are 300*200*100 cu.ft
II.now the tank is full upto 6ft

12.whats the time now?
I. the minutes hand is at 6
II. the hours hand is half way between 9 and 10

13.how many days is required for 4 men to complete the building?
I.3 men can complete the work in 12 days
II.a man can conplete 1/4 th of the work in a day

14.x>y?
I .x,y are whole numbers
II. x is an even prime,5<7

I forgot the remaining one question of this section
-5 questions on data interpretation
It was very very easy
-a puzzle test of classification type consisting of 5 questions based on given data
(it can be easily solved by using the tabular method of solving
it is similar to 1st question in 1st exercise of classification type questions of puzzle test)
-5 questions on syllogisms
(very simple)
section 2:english test
40 questions--35 minutes
-a paragraph is given
5 questions regarding the paragraph
-another paragraph is given
5 questions regarding the paragraph
-10 questions on correction of sentences
(mostly related to tense)
-10 questions
find out the best alternative for the underlined part of given sentence from the given options
-10 questions on theme detection

interview: it was about 20 minutes
me:excuse me sir
hr:plz comin take ur seat
so u r gowthami mokshagunda
me:no sir its mokshagundam
hr:so is that ur sur name
me:yes sir
hr:so u r a computer science student.why u chose computer science ?
me:now a days computers r ruling the world so to lead in this world i felt that i should be familiar with computers and technology so i have chosen computer science
hr:do you think computers are helping us?
me:yes sir
hr:many people argue that use of computers is leading to unemployment..what do u say?
me: getting a job or being employed is based on our capabilities.we should be adoptable to technology. we cant find fault with computers for that. computer r helping us in many ways like ....etc etc....
hr:looking into my resume hmm extra curriculars this is the part in which am very much interested..so u presented a paper on IDS...can u explain briefly about that?
me:i explained about my paper
hr:so you got first prize in skit..can u explain about the theme,the whole team work,the way u plannaed, ur role etc...in 5 minutes
me: i explained about the whole idea..etc etc
hr:so u organised many events of your college...tell me how you did all those..
me:bla bla bla
hr:suppose you are in a team of five members and your team is given a task and two members of your team are not involving in the work..what do you do to get them involved?
me:I will be friendly and try to convince them by explaining about the task,nature of work,
how they get benefited by doing that--------
hr:still there is no change then?
me:then there is a need for optimal decision i.e.,complaint to the lead
hr:this is the answer am expecting...
so do u have any questions to ask?
me:yes sir
hr:ya plz
me:what kind of technical stuff is needed to get into infosys?
hr:nothing...technically every aspect will be taught to u at training period...
me:if I get selected now what should I learn before getting into Infosys?
hr:hmm...concentrate on your area of improvement.your language and accent is good you hav good academic qualification..but there are some grammatical mistakes in your language..though they are unnoticable,rectifying them brings a difference...so try to rectify that..thats all...
ok gowthami...thank u u can go
me:thank u sir.
preperation I had:
rs agarwal verbal reasoning
for theme detection,puzzle test,question-statements,analogy,data sufficiency,data interpretation,syllogisms
(syllogisms:
keywords:all,no,some,some not
if all premises have keywords----venn diagram method
if some premises have keywords----tabular method
if none of the premises have keywords----general thinking)
a rouch view of rs agarwal non verbal questions on series figures
rs agarwal aptitude for english
jvr english grammar book
top 100 words for gre and some basic grammar rules i have wren n martin is also preferred by many but i havnt seen dat and also shakuntala devi 'puzzles for u'
puzzles by george summers-------go for these puzzles if possible not so important
(tense forms:
if i go i shall meet ur brother
if i went i would meet ur brother
if i had gone i would have met ur brother)
in attempting section 1 do the data interpretation at last in section 2 do passages at last

0 comments:

Post a Comment